Monday, December 8, 2014

Eucalyptus



Weeks ago, I caught I nasty cold and even though I'm most definitely feeling better, this stuffy nose just won't quit!   When my nose was at its stuffiness, I picked up some eucalyptus at the grocery store since it can help clear sinuses.


My grocery store carries stalks of eucalyptus that they will sell whole for about $4.  I cut the branches off and tied them in bundles to dry.  I took a bundle and tied it around our shower head hoping that the steam would release some of the sinus clearing power from the leaves.  I found that the scent was strongest if the leaves were in the stream of water for at least a little bit.


I can say without a doubt that having the pretty eucalyptus hanging from the shower lifted my spirits and I enjoyed the fragrance, but I can't say that it cleared me right up.  However, it felt like I was bringing a bit of the spa to our home so I would definitely do it again.  Plus, it just feels good doing something to combat not feeling well!



1 comment:

  1. It looks so pretty. I have been curious if it works. I will use a blend of essential oils that has this in it and drop a few drops in the shower before I get in and it is pretty powerful. That method is not nearly as pretty as yours though! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips