Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Customizing Christmas Pajamas



Every Christmas Eve, after our church service, the children come home to find new pajamas waiting for them on their beds.  As they have gotten older, I've found it harder and harder to find Christmas pajamas that I love, that they will also love and that they will wear for the rest of the year.  I don't want it to just be about matching in pictures because as great as that is, it's also a waste if they never wear them again.  Thus, at some point I had to give up getting Grace nightgowns as she just doesn't wear them since they get twisted up as she sleeps, aren't as warm nor as cozy for her as pajamas are.


I'm a traditionalist and prefer the classic plaids, stripes, etc. for Christmas morning.  This year, I found pajamas that I really liked, but they didn't have a girls version and a boys version.  However, the cut and the pattern of the pajamas could go either way so they worked perfectly.


However, I wanted Grace's to be a little more feminine than Harris' pajamas.  I purchased a little bit of eyelet trim at the fabric store and my Mom sewed it on the collar for me (I know, I should be able to do that myself!).  I think it made all the difference and turned the pajamas into a really sweet set.  I can't wait to see them on the children Christmas morning!


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect... Love the traditional tartan plaid flannel. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips