Thursday, November 6, 2014

Harris Turns 10.



Harris turned 10 today, my baby is now in the double digits!  Life with Harris is not for the faint of heart and yet I can't imagine our family without him.  He's makes us laugh, smile and shake our heads in wonder!  Here's my top ten list for Harris this year...


1. He can tumble and turn like a pro!  He can't seem to walk anywhere without tumbling, rolling or sliding.  And don't get him started about how badly he wants a trampoline.  I'm convinced that someday he could have made an Olympic team in diving or gymnastics...

2.  He drops little nuggets of wisdom like this one that he mentioned at the dinner table this past week, "The best way to make friends is to get in trouble with them."  Ok then.

3.  He's handled a challenging situation with his EE with grace and acceptance and we couldn't be more thankful for that gift.

4.  He loves playing baseball.  He played this fall with 5th, 6th and (very big) 7th graders and I think he did very well in holding his own.

5.  He is a total slob.  When I go into his room it's like a tornado hit with drawers half open and clothes hanging out, piles of stuff on the floor and a desk literally covered with who knows what.

6.  He can piddle around like no body's business.  He can literally be up for an hour before school starts and still be in a dead rush to get out the door.  It doesn't help that he will read for that hour and then expect to get 10 minutes worth of stuff done in 1 minute.  Time management is not yet his strength.

7.  He's slightly obsessed with the Percy Jackson series.  I've lost count as to how many times he's read them.  He's taken to making wooden swords in the basement workshop.

8.  I'm pretty sure that Grace is still his favorite person.  Or maybe it's a tie with his Dad.

9.  I've called him "Hare Bear" for as long as I can remember and he will often answer  "Yes, Mama Bear."  It sort of melts my heart.

10.  He loves to sing in the car, in his room, around the house.  If there is music on he sings along and often even when there isn't.  It doesn't seem to matter if he knows the words, is in tune or not or even what sort of song it is.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad I am not the only one with a messy 10 year old. I am hoping as they get older they get tidier??! Your Harris and my Ezra sound like two peas in a pod. Happy Birthday Harris! Double digits, that is a big deal!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips