Thursday, October 9, 2014

Dahlias


The Dahlias in the garden are absolutely beautiful!  As it's my first year growing Dahlias they have been a most pleasant surprise.  However, it should come as no surprise that my favorite ones are the big, ruffly ones, and in fact, I've already started a list of ones that I want to grow next year and every one falls into the ruffly, pink and feminine category.  Though I'm also thinking it would be lovely to plant some in shades of fall.



I love how tall this variety got as they are a really wonderful presence towering over the garden fence.


A couple of years ago, I bought this milk glass vase from our church rummage sale and it's one of my favorites.  It has a flower frog attached to the bottom that keeps all the stems standing up.



1 comment:

  1. Those Dahlias are beautiful. What a perfect vase to show them off. Is that called Hobnail? Flowers are truly a joy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips