Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dinner and a Movie- Rudy



 Oftentimes, when we decide to watch a movie as a family, Harris will say some off hand comment to the effect of, "Mom, go whip up some themed food and we will have dinner and movie night."  This is usually a mere thirty to 15 minutes before it's dinnertime or when we actually want to watch the movie.  All I can do is just look at him in a puzzled way and explain that some planning is actually involved to have a dinner themed to our movie of choice.  All this to say that this past weekend we did indeed have a dinner and a movie night.  We are all in a football sort of mood as fall is approaching and our Bulldogs are playing on Saturdays (we won't talk of their loss this past weekend) so Rudy was a perfect choice.  I'm a little embarrassed to say that I'd never seen it.  It was a great family movie and one that we all enjoyed.


Dinner was simple with Stadium Brats and chips and dip.  I made a 7 layer dip but put the guacamole on the top to resemble a football stadium.  It was easy peasy.  I also served some veggies to eat with or without the dip.


I put medical tape on the children's drinking glasses to look like football laces.  True confession: I only did the childrens.  It didn't take long but by the time the second one was done I was ready to move on.  Chocolate milk was the beverage of choice.


Dessert was ice cream sandwiches with laces piped on (I just mixed a little confectioners sugar and milk until the consistency was right) and a wooden handle with "plays" sharpied on.



2 comments:

  1. Clever and simple fixin's. A good combination. I love this!: "Mom, go whip up some themed food and we will have dinner and movie night." Isn't that just like a guy! No clue. We really enjoyed that movie as well.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips