Monday, September 8, 2014

A New Bike



Sometime in the middle of summer, I got a new bike!  I love it and am so happy that I can now come closer to keeping up with the rest of my gang on their mountain bikes!



Two of my "must haves" were fenders that would keep mud, sand, etc. from flying up onto my clothes and a chain guard so that I wouldn't get grease on my clothes.


I'm still using my beautiful green basket that my in-laws gave me years ago and now I can also add stuff to the back using the rack.  In fact, Harris and I recently rode to play tennis together and we fashioned the rackets on the back of my bike easy peasy.  Also, I have been using a bungee cord to attach a basket that I've had forever and am so glad to find another use for!  Plus, it's super cute.


We are fortunate that we live in a town that has extensive bike trails that we are able to take advantage of.  We've even gone on a nighttime ride during the SuperMoon!  It was thrilling, scary and beautiful all at the same time.


2 comments:

  1. I like your new bike is similar to the old-timey bikes we had. We've recently seen many in Crested Butte. In fact, it's the only kind we saw. Enjoy your great ride!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips