Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Day "Baskets"



Happy May Day everyone!  I love the sweet tradition of delivering May Baskets, full of spring flowers, to hang on neighbors doorknobs.  For years I've wanted to just that, but inevitably May 1st sneaks up on me and I find I'm unprepared.


Not this year!  I picked up flowers at the grocery store, saved cans from making chili, and put together a few sweet "baskets."  I drilled holes in the sides of the cans and knotted ribbon through the can so that it could hang from a doorknob.



I would have loved to use flowers from my yard, but I don't have anything blooming except a few daffodils.  I did use a sprig from the crab apple tree however.


I don't think I will ever tire of pink and green together.  It's so lovely and couldn't be more perfect for spring.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! Totally filing away for next year. Your friends must have been thrilled, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a recipient, I can honestly say I was very touched!! I loved my May Day basket!!
    Thank so much, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Such a sweet & simple sentiment, and I wholeheartedly agree about the pink & green! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink and green are lovely as you said. Adding the touch of white provided the perfect contrast. Such sweet bouquets and kindness, Anna.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips