Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lilacs


I love this time of year where one season of blooming flowers flows into the next (I think this is a great reminder of what's in bloom).  As always, our lilac season felt very short but I think we made the most of it with arrangements, cocktails and syrups!


I made a lilac simple syrup that we've used in a few cocktails and spritzers.  I've also used it in my coffee!  I didn't love the margarita, it was too citrusy, but it was pretty!



I also made a batch of lilac sugar which can also be used in any number of different dishes.


 

2 comments:

  1. Ours are barely blooming! We had a late freeze. Yours are just beautiful! You take the prettiest pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lilacs...and I had NO idea they could be used in so many creative ways! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips