Monday, April 28, 2014

Legoland and the Legoland Hotel



 After we left Disneyland we headed down to Carlsbad, California to visit Legoland!


We decided to stay at the Legoland Hotel for both convenience and novelty and it was unlike anything I've ever seen!  I can honestly say I'm not sure that I've ever stayed anywhere that is as dedicated to children as Legoland Hotel is.  There were children everywhere!  It was pretty great that the park is literally steps from the Hotel's backdoor.



I have to give credit to the hotel since they certainly made things easy for families.  The children had a separate area within our room to sleep in bunk-beds and, of course, this meant that we didn't all have to turn our lights out at the same time which is really a wonderful thing!  Also, they had a cafeteria that served breakfast every morning (and was included in the cost) and I believe dinner as well.  The children also enjoyed splashing around in the pool and playing with the giant Legos!




Legoland was also a really neat park.  I don't know that I recommend going directly after Disney as it is hard not to compare the two, and though Legoland is great it is not as well maintained or as organized as we found Disneyland to be!   I will also say that my thrill ride loving children were indeed on the very edge of the limit for the park.  Most of the rides were a little too tame for them (though they loved the Technic Test Track) especially considering that the lines were so long.  That said, we really enjoyed looking at the amazing Lego creations!    The figures, cities, and landscapes they built with Legos are mind-blowing!  We also went on the "factory tour" and it was fascinating to learn the history of these tiny little bricks.



seriously, all made out of Lego bricks!

After spending the day at Lego Land we showered and headed out to a delicious meal to celebrate Bryce's birthday!






4 comments:

  1. What a fun trip, we have family that is making this exact trip in July. I shared your post with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Looks like fun! Glad you got to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect trip! I am amazed at all the things that are made from legos! I am yet to have a lego loving child...so when I try to put together the simple lego kits with instructions..It is HARD! It makes me in awe of all the work that go into these awesome structures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your assessment of Legoland sounds just like ours in Florida, especially the part about going to Disney first and not being able to avoid comparisons.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips