Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Small Gallery Wall




A funny thing happened when I thought we would be moving to a farmhouse... I stopped doing projects around the house.  It wasn't intentional but every time I thought of something I might like to do I put it off thinking I didn't want to "waste" money or time.  Even though I love and enjoy my house I started to focus on the things I didn't like about it instead of the things that I love.  I think I was subconsciously separating from the house!  Has this happened to you?  As soon as the farmhouse fell through I had a rush of ideas and projects that I immediately wanted to get done (so there might be a profusion of house stuff in the coming months)!


One of the things that I've actually gotten accomplished has been to start a bit of a gallery wall behind the sofa.  The painting that I've had behind the sofa is one that my friend Leslie painted.  I love it and it's been perfect behind the sofa but I had a few things that I wanted to group together and the sofa made sense; I'll be finding a new place for the hydrangea painting.


I really like the way it turned out, though I'm not sure that it's "done."  I'm totally open to adding more if something presents itself!  Also, I had the "read instead" print framed with museum glass and it makes such a huge difference that I took the Pottery Barn frame that I used for the cross-stitched family portrait and had museum glass put in it too.  I love it and think it's worth every penny not to always have a glare.  We also added the Airstream painting and our family portrait.




2 comments:

  1. Love it. That read instead print has stuck in my head since the last time you posted about it. It is just perfect! I am feeling inspired to try to diy a faux one...hmmm. Looks great Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your house!
    If you could take a picture of each room...then I will just copy it..no one will ever know..but if they ask...I will tell! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips