Monday, March 31, 2014

Thrive Concert



Recently, we took the children to see the Thrive Tour concert, which features the christian band Casting Crowns along with Laura Story and For King and Country.  I was unsure what to expect as I've never been to a christian concert, but I'm happy to report that it was amazing!  It was the children's first concert on such a large scale and it was a perfect one to take them to. The bands were so, so good!

We were lucky enough to be invited to meet the band members before the concert.  They were all so gracious, kind humble and friendly.

(Casting Crowns)

It was a powerful concert full of great music and inspiring messages.  My family now counts themselves as fans of the band For King and Country.  These brother's performance was full of high energy and I particularly appreciated their message to girls/women that they are priceless and to never settle for more than honor and respect from men. It was great for Grace to hear such an important message from men of a younger/hipper/cooler generation.

(For King and Country)

I'll never understand how, but 3/4's of the way through the concert, I looked over and Harris had fallen asleep.  It was way past his normal bedtime but it was so loud I cannot fathom how he fell asleep- not 10 minutes before he was standing on his feet clapping to the music!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips