Monday, March 10, 2014

Party Popcorn


For Grace's birthday treat at school we sent in Party Popcorn!  It fit several requirements of ours- it wasn't loaded with sugar, was gluten free*, and was fun and festive to serve to friends!

I found the recipe here but sort of played it by ear since I popped our own popcorn.  It was so easy and literally only took 10 minutes to make!  I eyeballed how much popcorn would feed the whole class and then melted about 8 ounces of white chocolate chips (if you add a teaspoon of canola/vegetable oil to the white chocolate chips they will melt smoothly and not get weird and goopy) and poured it right over the popcorn in the bowl.  After we mixed up the chocolate and popcorn, Grace went to town pouring sprinkles over the popcorn!


To make serving the popcorn a little easier for the classroom teacher, we packed individual amounts in  wax bags and sealed them with a fun sticker I made on the computer and printed out.  Grace reported that the Party Popcorn was a big hit with the class!


*A classmate cannot have gluten and we wanted to make something the whole class could enjoy the treat

1 comment:

  1. I love the tip on melting white chocolate. I always get so frustrated when it lumps up!I cannot wait to try this out. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips