Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Memphis




This past weekend, I flew down to Memphis, Tennessee with Cathy to visit Kristin!  We had such a lovely time and it was a perfect mixture of downtime with some site seeing too.  We stayed up too late, ate good food (BBQ and sweet tea for me!), chatted about many, many topics and even watched The Dallas Buyers Club while curled up on the sofa!


I've never been one to care much for Elvis, but, surprisingly, I enjoyed touring Graceland.  Fascinating to get a glimpse into the King of Rock and Roll's inner life (even if it was a rose colored glasses glimpse).




Beale Street was really hopping due to a St. Patrick's Day parade.


I cannot tell you how much I loved the ducks at The Peabody and look forward to taking the children.  Do you know the story?  Read about it here.  We watched the ducks march out of the fountain while sipping a cocktail!  The Duck Master clearly enjoys his job parading the ducks in and out!




(man, I love it when a theme is embraced!)





3 comments:

  1. What a mahvelous weekend dahling! You girls look SO happy. Enjoyed reading the ducks' background info. Your links are always appreciated. Oh, and the sheets you recommended feel wonderful and make me feel rather special, so thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect trip!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips