Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Leprechaun and a Rainbow


I hope you all had a fun and happy St. Patrick's Day.  Honestly, we didn't do much to celebrate. In fact, neither of the children made a leprechaun trap or even wore green!  However, both of the children were home from school today (one was under the weather and one had a scheduled teacher work day) so I made them a leprechaun and rainbow lunch.  The leprechaun is a spinach tortilla cut out to resemble a hat and filled with cheese.  His face is a whole wheat tortilla cut in a circle and filled with cheese.  Once both parts were cooked, I put them together, made a cheese beard and broiled it in the oven for just long enough to melt the cheese.  I used a food marker to make the eyes.  He turned out so cute!  And why do children like anything on a stick?  It made Harris so happy to have a rainbow fruit kebob!


*I originally saw the leprechaun here and her instructions are a lot more precise than mine!

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips