Friday, February 21, 2014

This Week


It's been an interesting week.  I've felt a little down about the farmhouse falling through and I'm starting to feel ready for some hints of spring.  This weekend I'm looking forward to a date with my husband and Pinewood Derby time for the children.  I hope you all have a great weekend!

*My friend, Barbara, gave Grace a bulb to force and she has loved watching it grow and flower!  It has made her happy this week.  It's astounding what a difference having something green and beautiful can make in your emotional health.

*I love this video about Scott Hamilton's faith journey.  I think it's worth the 10 minutes it takes to watch.

*After this post, I realized that many of us are hungry for more support and conversation about raising older children.  I think this article has nailed it as to why we don't read/hear/talk about it more.

*I love it when Olympians are excited to get a silver instead of disappointed they didn't get a gold.  I also love how passionate Noelle Pikus-Pace is about her family (when the reporter tears up it's hard not to join her!).

*I've been pinning a lot of gardens lately.  Years ago, I tore this bow walkway out of a magazine and to this day I still want to recreate it.

Please share anything that has lifted you up this week... maybe more than just me could use it!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. The article was great (it's all ahead of me so interesting to read different perspectives,) the Scott Hamilton video was inspiring and I LOVE that bow walkway. You definitely need to recreate that!!! I had a long week too, but this weekend I attended a really fun couples Valentine party and a Downton Abbey season finale party. Spending time with my creative friends always lifts my spirits.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips