Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Ice-cream



The children have another snow day today and as I type Harris is setting up the monopoly board for an "epic" game in front of the fire.  Before I join him I wanted to first share our afternoon snack from yesterday because it was a revelation to all of us, and we couldn't figure out why we've never made snow ice cream before.  It was delicious!


I certainly didn't make up this recipe and, in fact, when I googled the recipe it came up dozens of times so I'm not even sure how to trace it back to an original source.  It's very simple and straight forward and takes five minutes or less to make!

Snow Ice-cream

1 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups fresh, clean snow

I mixed the first three ingredients together and then poured it over the snow in a bowl.  Simply stir it altogether and enjoy.  We found that sprinkles really livened it up!




5 comments:

  1. My boys love to make snow ice cream. Ezra's favorite is to do it around the holidays when we have eggnog in the fridge. It is much easier because all you do is stir in eggnog, all the flavor is in it. Tip for next Christmas...haha. Looks like a lovelly snow day in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up with my Mom making this and now I make it for my children (when Texas gets snow). Such wonderful memories, I particularly like the addition of sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's on our list for today! We are home too. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been really impressed by going through this awesome blog. shave ice lily cups

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips