Monday, January 27, 2014

Grace Kelly- A Mother/Daughter Date




We had a lovely weekend that included dinner with new friends for Bryce and I and a family dinner with old friends.  It also included a strings concert for Grace where she, along with her class, played so well that I was astonished!

Perhaps the highlight though was taking Grace on a Mother/Daughter date to see a Grace Kelly exhibit. It was such a wonderful thing to spend the day doing together!  I was happy to take Grace to see an example of a "star" who always looked classic, classy and beautiful without seeming to try too hard (I'm sure it takes effort to be that effortless!).  In a day where more skin is shown, hemlines are high and necklines are low it's important to me for Grace to see that that is not the only way to present yourself to the world.


And oh, the clothes!  They were so, so beautiful and lovely!  I wish I could have taken pictures but the exhibit did not allow photography.  Suffice it to say, it reaffirmed my desire to continue to work toward a classic wardrobe.  


P.S.  They had her Kelly bag and not only was it beautiful but also pretty dinged up from so much use!

5 comments:

  1. I would love to see such an exhibit. I'm a pretty big Grace Kelly/Audrey Hepburn fan and always try to tailor my wardrobe around their classic styles.
    If this exhibit comes to Dallas, I will be taking Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, *can't believe this didn't occur to me* we are flying in to New York on Wednesday. I wonder if we will have a chance to go. I'm going to look it up. We will be a little further North visiting, but you never know! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mother daughter dates! This is such an awesome one! I have to say...she has a perfect example in you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great date! You both look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful outing for both of you. Much agreement on Grace Kelly. Anna, you look like a china doll!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips