Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dinner and a Movie- The Hobbit



Both the children and Bryce* have read, and enjoyed, The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.  When the first movie came out over a year ago, Bryce had every intention to take Grace to see the movie but it just never happened.  At the time, I didn't think that Harris was old enough to see the movie and when Bryce broached the subject this past weekend of watching the movie together as a family, I was still unsure if Harris was old enough.  However, Bryce felt that by watching it together, having had read the book and taking into account Harris' personality that it would be ok for Harris.  And honestly, it was!


I thought it would be fun to make a few "themed" items for our dinner before watching the movie.  These items are a bit of a stretch but the children don't seem to care and as they get older they think it's funny to have a "One (chicken, broccoli and cheese) Ring" main course.  We also had hobbit door cookies and Seed Cakes that Bilbo Baggins would have served himself.


*I'm reading it now, I couldn't stand being the only one who hadn't read it!

2 comments:

  1. We actually have that very copy of 'The Hobbit' which has been read over and over. We love it, we also enjoy the movie with a themed dinner/snack/dessert (because you have to eat like Hobbits). Sounds like a very fun evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I be honest with you?
    I LOVE YOUR MOVIE AND DINNERS! :) We read the book of oz and I am still trying to do a movie night....it's only been 3+ months!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips