Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Framed Christmas Art



Years ago, when the children were in preschool, they made hand-print Christmas art.  It's obvious that lots of care and attention went into making the Christmas tree and wreath (it's also obvious that a lot of help came from the adults) but they are such a wonderful reminder of that sweet, sweet time and of their precious hand-prints.  I love them and have pulled them out every year to display on our cork board.  However, I started to notice that the backing was getting little tears in it and the art was getting bent in our Christmas bins, and I was worried that they would get ruined over time.


My solution was to have them framed for permanent Christmas display.  I had the construction paper backing cut off and a simple red frame put on.  I played around with mats but ultimately decided that simple was best for this project.  I hung them behind the sofa on two hooks that normally have a much larger piece hanging on them but it works perfectly for the Christmas season!


This is what is usually going on while I'm trying to take pictures...



2 comments:

  1. those are sweet. I am glad I am not the only one whos children try to jump through my pictures...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are perfect - and a great addition to the Christmasy room. Grade school artwork has come a long way since the 70s!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips