Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Friendship Story


2006
(I don't know why I looked crazed and she looks fantastic-pretty typical)

Eight and a half years ago our little family packed up and left the South, something I didn't ever expect to do, and moved to a state I never expected to live in.  It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for Bryce and after a lot of praying, crying and goodbying we left.  We landed in our wonderful town, in our not so wonderful house (at the time) and without our incredible group of friends.  I was homesick, lonely and terrified that our house would never be what we dreamed it could be when we bought it (turns out it has been and more).  I was also overwhelmed with a 3 year old and a 9 month old.

 2008
 
2013

A few months after we moved my Mom came to visit and one day she took the children out for a walk to a nearby mini park.  When she came home she informed me that she had made me a new friend and that she would call in the next couple of days.  Well.  I thought my Mom was crazy and probably told her as much.  I thought that no one would call a complete stranger whose Mother they met at a park.  However, I was wrong about Kristin.  I vastly underestimated her because call me she did.  The first time we talked on the phone for an hour and I knew that I had met my first real friend in our new town.  Turns out Kristin and Tim's children were our children ages and our daughters even shared a first name.

 


Since that day eight years ago, Kristin and I have shared much of our lives together.  My children don't remember a time when they weren't a part of our lives.  We've laughed (lots), cried, vented, and talked almost everyday.  We've shared dreams, frustrations, sadness, and big moments in our lives.  And last night we met them for pizza on their last night in our town, for tomorrow they are moving to follow their dreams all the way to Tennessee.  To the South.


I'm so excited for them but I'm sad for us.  I know now that a move doesn't end a friendship and we are already planning and talking about trips back and forth.  I'm so thankful to Kristin and her family for helping to make this town of ours home and I can't wait to hear about the friend that will help make Tennessee home for her. 


1 comment:

  1. Those little ones are too cute for words. Such blessings of friendship for each of you. Love your comment about the friend that will surely help Kristen make TN home for her. Friendship is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips