Friday, November 22, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Spice Mixture



Last year around this same time I was making something in the kitchen that required pumpkin pie spice (I think it was these!) and discovered that I didn't have any in the spice drawer.  I was entirely too lazy to run to the store, so after a quick internet search I mixed up my own and I've been hooked ever since. It takes about 2 minutes to throw together and you probably have all 4 ingredients in your spice drawer. This mix is missing cloves, but I think if you want cloves just throw a couple of teaspoons on in!  Some of the recipes I saw included them but I decided to leave it out.  Here's our mix...


Pumpkin Pie Spice

4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
4 teaspoons ground ginger
3 teaspoons ground allspice

Mix all spices together and store in an airtight container.



1 comment:

  1. OK! I wish I would have thought of that....same thing happened to me last year....except I just added some other fallish spices...and it turned out fine! Next time I'm whipping up my own yummy spice mix! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips