Monday, November 25, 2013

Preparing for Thanksgiving


We are coming out of a really lovely weekend where we spent time with family and friends, sat by the fire as the wind whistled outside and chatted with a dear friend who, no matter how long it's been, it feels like just yesterday that we were teaching together and laughing at the antics all around us! 

Today, I am preparing to host Thanksgiving and I'm super excited that all of my immediate family will be together this year for the first time in a long while!  I'm having a small procedure done tomorrow to hopefully take care of a rather pesky and painful vein on my leg, so I want to be totally prepared by the end of today!  Our turkey is ordered, our traditional menu is set, a few kid projects are in the works, the silver is being polished and I picked up these sweet cards to pass out to everyone.

Our menu is basically the same year after year.  We've had the delicious and coveted sweet potato souffle for as long as I can remember; it's a treat that we look forward to all year long.  We've also always had an amazing sage dressing but we can longer have it due to Harris' corn allergy (the base is cornbread) so I'm trying a new one this year.  I'm really hoping that it can be "the one."  

Thanksgiving Menu

Cider
Sweet Tea

Turkey
Sage stuffing
Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Sweet Potato Souffle
Green Beans
Deviled Eggs
Rolls

Apple Tart w/ Cinnamon Ice Cream
Salted Caramel Cheesecake



1 comment:

  1. I'm hosting Thanksgiving too! I wish you could host mine for me! :) It's snuck up on me...I was just realizing today...I have a ton to do...better get started!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips