Monday, November 18, 2013

A Thanksgiving Platter


For several years, I've been looking for a turkey transfer ware platter for our Thanksgiving table. Unfortunately, they can be expensive and a little hard to find in great condition, especially since I have my heart set on brown.  Recently, I came upon a brown platter with a sweet pattern around the edge and just fell in love with it.  I decided to stop my search and use this platter for our turkey!  And as a bonus, I can use it year round instead of one day a year!


The pattern is Eureka made by Dunn Bennet and Company.  I love how you can see places where the transfer didn't line up or was smudged.  Apparently, the platter could be from the 1880's!  I wonder how many Thanksgiving tables it has graced?






3 comments:

 
Blogging tips