Monday, October 7, 2013

Limes + A Bullfrog




Late last spring, I excitedly bought a lime tree and two lemon trees, all of which were dwarfs so that I can bring them in when it gets too cold for them.  I love the idea of being able to walk out my door and pick my own lemons and limes.  Much to our excitement, the lime tree immediately set blooms and fruit started to grow.  However, at some point the limes just stopped getting bigger, and I'm not sure what happened or went wrong?  Did they get too dry?  Is a fruits size directly proportionate to the plants size?  Are they actually Key Limes instead of regular limes? I just don't know.  I do know that even though they were tiny they acted/smelled/tasted just like a regular old lime!


We made a fun drink to celebrate our first lime harvest, it's called a Bullfrog and is perfect for this frog loving family!


The Bullfrog

5 oz. lemonade
1 oz.  gin (the better the gin, the better the drink)
a lime slice for garnish




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips