Friday, August 2, 2013

Homemade Marshmallows and S'mores



Earlier in the week, we were invited to a casual s'more gathering, and I volunteered to make marshmallows.  Folks, once I got started I couldn't stop!  I ended up making Bourbon marshmallows, Vanilla marshmallows and Lavender-Honey Marshmallows.  As long as you have a stand mixer and a candy thermometer, making marshmallows is easy!  




Also, I got even more carried away and made homemade graham crackers.  These guys were surprisingly easy, but I'm not sure that I would continue to make my own.  It was pretty divided on how people liked them, Grace loved them and Harris preferred "normal" graham crackers.  


I love the idea of gathering friends for s'mores because it's easy (and if you buy the marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers it's super easy) and fun for everyone.  Not to mention yummy!




2 comments:

  1. Fun! Which marshmallow flavor was your favorite?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! Wow!! You just took the "SMORE" and kicked up it a notch or two or three! Too much fun! Who wouldn't want to come to your house for Smore Fun!? :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips