Monday, July 8, 2013

Strawberry Preserves



Our strawberry season was short this year, or at least it felt short!  We had a lot of rain and that seemed to make them go bad on the vine a little faster than usual.


However, I did manage to get some delicious ones and I tried my hand at making strawberry preserves!  


I've never canned jellies before, and I was nervous that they wouldn't set but I had beginners luck and they turned out perfectly and deliciously!  I used the recipe from Food in Cans.  It was delicious on freshly baked herbed bread!  I can't tell you how much I love having cans of homemade food in the pantry!


2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you...I love fresh canned goods too...now I need to find some time to get some in my pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh. That warms my homemakers heart, and makes me lick my lips.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips