Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dinner and a Movie- The Lightning Thief


We recently had a dinner and a movie night where we watched Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.  We've all read, The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan and we thought that it would be fun to watch the movie and compare.  The children did fine with the movie and there wasn't a moment where they were scared (Medusa's head did freak me out though!), but I think it's a shame that they changed so much from the book (I don't see the need to make the characters high schoolers instead of middle schoolers).  It was entertaining but nothing really outstanding (and I wouldn't show it to younger children).


For dinner, we had Greek food of course!  I made mini greek lamb burgers, which the children loved, and tabbouleh, which they tolerated.  Also, we had nectar to drink and ambrosia for dessert, both of which are key things that the demi-gods eat and drink in the books.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my. I'm sure Ami will love this post. She is a Percy Jackson fan. It would be great to join you on a movie night! A Lebanese friend has spoken of Tabbouleh. Don't believe I've ever ordered it tho. You certainly expose your family to a great variety of taste experiences. Who needs Epcot Center!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do make the best dinner...whether it's dinner and a movie...a holiday...or just a special day at your house...I always LOVE your dinners!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips