Monday, July 1, 2013

A Peony Farm


Unfortunately, our peonies have all come and gone.  We had a short window for enjoying them this year due to frequent downpours that we would had!


However, I was so excited to get to visit a local peony farm with two dear friends, Sonja and Gretchen.  Our first trip was on a very rainy, wet day, but we just pulled on our raincoats and soldiered on.  The peonies weren't quite in full bloom yet however.


A field of peonies just about ready to pop!

The coral peonies had bloomed and were gorgeous!

Gretchen and Sonja amongst the blooms!



Gretchen and I even made a trip back hoping to see them in all of their glory!  We did get to see beautiful peonies but they were on the downside.  No matter, I'm still so glad that we went!  Unfortunately, I pulled out my Nikon to take pictures and discovered that I didn't have a card in it!  So these are all iphone photos.







I matched the peony!

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea for a day out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous peonies. Especially like the peach ones. Sorry yours were rather rained out this year, but the ones you posted were lovely!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips