Thursday, June 20, 2013

Last Evening...


Last Evening, we had perfect summer weather!  It was dry, warm but not too hot, and beautiful!  Bryce had an evening meeting, and I wasn't thrilled about cooking a big dinner for just the three of us, so we packed up a picnic dinner and hit the road.



I had recently discovered a walking/biking trail just outside of our town and we headed over there to explore a little and eat a dinner consisting of egg salad sandwiches, cherry tomatoes, kettle chips, fruit and lavender lemonade!


We discovered that the waxed paper we used to wrap up our sandwiches also makes the perfect placemat for dinner.


Here's a snatch of a conversation that we had that made me chuckle, my boy really makes me smile...

Me:  It's sort of magical here isn't it?
Grace: It really is.
Harris:  Magical?  That's sort of girly, I'd say it's more gnomey than magical.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a beautiful evening and your picnic sounded delicious! Especially the lavender lemonade. Yum, I have never heard of that before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela- I will post the lavender lemonade recipe sometime. It was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific way to spend a family evening minus one with two active outdoor kiddos. Perhaps I need to brush up on bicycling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your summer is off to a fantastic start!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips