Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Adventure



I'm super excited because tomorrow I'm having my first guest post!  Bryce is going to write about his recent grand adventure where he and Jack climbed Mt. Rainier.  I don't know a thing about mountain climbing, and even though I watched him train for months and watched as he packed a lot of cold weather gear, I still sort of envisioned him hiking through green fields dotted with a few flowers!  Not so.  In fact, when I saw the first few pictures I thought he looked like he was on Everest! 

After he was home, I asked if he had had any great epiphanies on the mountain and he said, "Yes, we need to adventure more.  There's so much stuff to see and do out there!"  Bryce has always had a love for camping and hiking, but it sort of got put on the back burner while the children were young and we were overwhelmed with the idea of taking them and all that stuff backpacking or camping.  However, it's a catch twenty-two because we had the time to adventure more when they were young!  Now that they are older baseball, ballet, school and social events are filling up more and more time even though we try to limit activities.  Eeek!  We really need to figure out how to balance it all.  Any suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips