Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Memory Quilt


Al and Marilyn were recently here for a visit and Marilyn brought another beautiful quilt she made out of the children's baby clothes!  She had previously made one from the "dressy" clothes and this one is from the sweet onesies, pajamas and cotton rompers that the children wore.  It's amazing and I love it.


Each square immediately reminds me of an occasion or time that was special.  There's the top from the hospital where Grace was born, ribbon fabric from a favorite nightgown, a precious hat worn in birth announcement pictures and an embroidered onesie from a dear friend.  There's also everyday pieces that were worn on countless playdates, trips to the park and hanging out at home. 



I love that I have these wonderful memories that have been made into something useful and beautiful.  It's truly priceless!


4 comments:

  1. What a treasure! Did I make the onesie? I think I did but my memory....

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly- Yes, that's from you! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is seriously adorable! My sister made me one of all my running shirts..and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so special! What a treasure

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips