Friday, April 19, 2013

Favorite Things #32



Years and years ago, I saw a list of classic, quality pieces that were suggested for having a solid, timeless wardrobe for a lifetime.  As you may remember, I LOVE lists!  I also love well made, quality items so I determined that I would set out to slowly build a wardrobe consisting of some of these pieces.  Many of them were out of my price range, so I saved or asked for the items for Christmas/birthdays.  Sixteen years later, I've acquired a fair amount of the items (and determined some weren't really for me) and I can honestly say that each one are workhorses and will probably never go out of style.

One of the first items I received on my list were Hunter Wellies and I was thrilled when my Mom gave them to me for Christmas!  I have worn them for the past 15 years and they are still going strong!  During those years, Hunters definitely became a little more fashionable (when they added colors to the line) but, unfortunately, manufacturing was also moved to China.  I'll admit, I love that mine say, "Made in Scotland!"  I can never get rid of them now- but I wouldn't want to anyway!



5 comments:

  1. Do you still have that list? I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I want to know what else is on the list! Debora

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also would love to see the original list and your thoughts on what has worked for you and what didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I've told you ...but your list of favorites is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara W.- would you send me your email address and I'll get you the list!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips