Friday, March 29, 2013

Tips We've Learned About Blowing Out Eggs

Hello, there!  I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the kind and thoughtful comments that many of you left for me.  The encouragement that you sent my way is amazing and appreciated.  Thank you.


Tonight, we had our annual Easter Egg painting party!  I'll post pictures soon, but I thought I would share a few tips that we have learned over the years about how to easily blow out eggs.  This year, I think that we have finally gotten it down pat!

In order to get all of the insides on the outside, you must first put a hole on either end of the egg.  In years past, we have always used a fairly long needle to do this because it also serves the purpose of breaking up the yolk on the inside.  The needle usually works fine but can tend to put little hairline cracks in the egg.  This year, we used a drill with a very small bit to drill into the end of the egg!  It seems crazy to use a big, heavy power tool with such a fragile thing as an egg, but it worked perfectly.


I've heard of using a baby nasal aspirator to blow out the insides of your egg, but we got rid of ours years ago.  However, once we got thinking along those lines, Bryce realized we could use the bulb portion of our turkey baster!  It worked beautifully... most of the time (this really was the only one that broke in this manner!).



After the eggs are all rinsed out and have dried a bit, I always put them in a 200 degree oven for about 45 minutes.  This helps to dry them out all the way and I swear it makes them stronger (but I have absolutely no evidence supporting that claim!).


2 comments:

  1. Very cool. Is the driller part of the set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so want to do this some year! maybe next year? thank you for the tips and visuals!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips