Monday, March 25, 2013

Lavender Hot Cocoa + A Bubble Bath= Perfection



Even though we officially celebrated spring last week, Mother Nature has apparently not gotten the memo!  This morning it started snowing and it hasn't stopped yet. This morning I indulged in the rather luxurious daytime activity of taking a bubble bath and watching the snow fall!  I even went a step further and made myself a mug of Lavender Hot Cocoa.  I've been wanting to try this hot cocoa for ages and today seemed like a perfect time to do it.  Lavender feels springy to me and cocoa is certainly a snowy weather treat so I figured I couldn't go wrong combining the two!  It was delicious, and I'm so glad that I took the time to enjoy the beauty of the morning.


Lavender Hot Cocoa
recipe from a la mode (adapted to one serving)

1 cup milk
1 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (70% cacao)
1/2 ounce milk chocolate
1/8 generous teaspoon lavender buds (or to preference)

 Heat milk and lavender over medium heat, whisking occasionally until the milk begins to simmer.  Remove from heat and let lavender steep for 5 minutes.  Strain lavender and return milk to saucepan.  Over medium heat, add chocolate and mix until chocolate is melted and incorporated.  Whisk milk mixture for 20 seconds until frothy.  Pour into mugs and add whipped cream!

P.S.  I was recently given  this bubble bath and it is perfection.  It creates fluffy, voluminous, and lasting bubbles without drying out your skin.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More of us should enjoy afternoons like these - even when we think that we don't have the time! Your blog reminds me that in the midst of a hectic world, it is important to take a moment to take some time to smell the roses (or, lavender hot chocolate). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had your life...he he he

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips