Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Honey Party

a bee game we have had for years

After the honey tasting, we spent the rest of the evening playing games and eating dinner.  What was really lovely about this party was that it was fun and special, but didn't take extraordinary time or money to create.  I did everything the day of the party and only bought food, flowers and the cake mold, everything else I already had.


Our Menu for the Evening

Honeyed Pork Tenderloin
Roasted Potatoes
Peas
Rolls with Bee Butter
Beehive Cake with Honey Glaze
Milk and Honey


Bee Butter is honey mixed with butter and it is delicious!

The birthday cake was a honey cake baked in a beehive mold.  Bryce made the bees out of fondant.  Aren't they darling?  

                                             

Grace made darling pipe cleaner bees and hung them from the chandelier.  She even made one for my hair and Harris made one that found its way to my shoulder, it must have like all the flowers.  I found the sunflowers at the grocery store for $6!  For the place settings, I dug out some scrapbook supplies that I already had.






Grace sent her Grandma home with a little favor bag full of candy, Burt's Bees cough drops and a pot of our lip balm (made with beeswax!).

  









2 comments:

  1. Oh my did that cake turn out perfect. I have wanted to make that for years. Do you remember the bee pie you made for my going away party? Delish...

    Great party!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this!
    Your have the most precious ideas!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips