Monday, January 14, 2013

My Favorite Dress


On Saturday, I celebrated my 40th birthday with some of my favorite people!  I haven't had a moment to go through the pictures yet to post about the party, but I thought I would share the dress I wore.  I knew that I wanted to wear a dress that I loved and as soon as I saw this dress on Etsy I knew it was the one!  I love pink, I love bows, I love vintage and I love the fact that it was a winter appropriate dress with sleeves and made of black velvet!




I even wore a small crinoline underneath!


We did have a funny moment with the dress that speaks to the perils of wearing vintage: right before we were about to leave, I did a quick check in the mirror and was horrified to notice two tears in the seam of the sleeve!  Fortunately, my mom was here and quickly sewed them up.  Towards the end of the party, I also noticed a tear in the other sleeve!  I guess a 50-60 year old dress might need some strengthening of the seams!

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips