Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hot Chocolate MIx


The children and I are absolute lovers of a good hot chocolate!  Obviously, hot chocolate with milk is preferred, but I've found that it's not always practical for us.  Sometimes, I just don't want to mess up a pot to heat up the milk or, worse, we are out of milk!  Therefore, for the past 16 years I've tried my fair share of hot chocolate mixes (that I've bought and that I've made) and I think I've finally found our keeper!  In fact, this is the hot chocolate mix that Grace made for her hot chocolate stand and we had lots of requests for the recipe.    I got the original recipe here but I've tweaked it just a teeny bit to our tastes.
Hot Cocoa Mix

2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa (I use Pernigotti Cocoa, it was worth ordering, but any Dutch-process would work too)
2 1/2 cups powdered milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cornstarch

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together thoroughly.  
To fix a mug of hot cocoa, simply add a few tablespoons of mix to your mug (it always seems like a lot but you don't want it to be watery) and add hot water.  

P.S.  I recently got a whipped cream maker that we keep in the fridge at all times to add to our cocoa.  We love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips