Monday, November 26, 2012

To Table


When Bryce and I were first married and began to "set up" our kitchen we stocked it with two sets of metal mixing bowls which we have used often!  However, I found myself wishing for something that was a little nicer looking for those times that the bowl went directly to the table for serving.  Enter these Jadeite bowls that I found at a local antique store.  I purchased two and have been surprised at how often we use them.  It turns out that we grab them with much more frequency than the metal bowls and use them even when they aren't going to be used for the table.  From Saturday morning pancake batter to a small dinner salad they are really getting a lot of use!  I think that the reason they have become the favored bowls is because of their beauty, feel and usefulness.   Don't we all gravitate toward things that are lovely to use?  


4 comments:

  1. William Morris would approve! 'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Emma! I love that quote and always try to remember it when making a purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo... I loooove Jadite. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips