Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Oh, the irony!


Six years ago I bought my dining room chairs off on ebay.  I love them despite the fact that the springs are bumpy and lumpy and they are covered in white fabric.  When I purchased them I was unsure how the white was going to work since I had an almost five year old and a three year old at the time and we eat at our table, in these chairs, every single night. 

Surprisingly, the chairs have stayed relatively clean!  Turns out that our children are pretty neat eaters and the white has stayed white for all these years of use.  Of course I assumed that when they did get a spill or two that it would be the children's fault.  Wouldn't you know that it was me that delivered the death blow to the chairs? And not just any stain would do, oh no, I managed to make a spectacular spill of red wine all over two of the chairs (there was a grand sweep of the hand involved)!  I'm fairly sure that those that were sitting at the table all said a silent prayer of thanks that it was me and not them that spilled the wine!


4 comments:

  1. Try some ZOUT from Target before you send them to retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That's funny! Not that your chairs are stained...but just that it was you! I have had that happen too many times ...out to eat! I go to help the kids, and knock over their drinks. The waitress always blames..them..and I have to tell her the truth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend once spilled red wine all over our white carpet and couch. I used a product called "Wine Out" and it disappeared. I was worried that it would damage the couch and carpet long term but our couch is doing great. (We no longer live in the carpeted home so I can't speak for the carpet.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tips! I'll let you know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips