Sunday, October 14, 2012

Snapshots

So I've done what I said that I wouldn't do.  I've gone and joined Instagram (fourfrogs).  I couldn't withstand the lure of manipulating photos to look dreamy, romantic and/or old fashioned!   Honestly, I have a vague apprehension of manipulating photos in any way (besides cropping, color adjustment, etc.) because it worries me that it somehow makes the memory into something different altogether.  Happily, it doesn't bother me with phone photos because I don't view those photos in the same way.  Photos taken on my phone are usually photos that I wouldn't drag the Nikon out for anyway.   I sort of love that the photos are the little moments that make up my day, snapshots that otherwise might not get noticed.   

 a cozy lunch with a friend, my closet, a heart leaf on a love note from Grace, beach ball eyeballs

a cat, a book and a windowseat, gorgeous Barb at the farmers market, Rebecca, homemade chips and onion dip

J.K. Rowling's new book, family games, cozy cats, happy socks

4 comments:

  1. Funny...I felt the same way. I joined Instagram in May to do a fun summer.project with a few friends. Each day we posted a pic titled sweet summer day 1, etc. We did this everyday of the summer as a way to keep in touch. I madeine into a book at the end of the summer. I loved doing it. Going to follow you on Instagram now..

    Another thing I like about Instagram is that I keep my follower circle very small. I post more on Instagram and I usually don't link to Facebook. It is a little more "intimate" and Random John from high school won't see I

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny...I felt the same way. I joined Instagram in May to do a fun summer.project with a few friends. Each day we posted a pic titled sweet summer day 1, etc. We did this everyday of the summer as a way to keep in touch. I madeine into a book at the end of the summer. I loved doing it. Going to follow you on Instagram now..

    Another thing I like about Instagram is that I keep my follower circle very small. I post more on Instagram and I usually don't link to Facebook. It is a little more "intimate" and Random John from high school won't see I

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny...I felt the same way. I joined Instagram in May to do a fun summer.project with a few friends. Each day we posted a pic titled sweet summer day 1, etc. We did this everyday of the summer as a way to keep in touch. I madeine into a book at the end of the summer. I loved doing it. Going to follow you on Instagram now..

    Another thing I like about Instagram is that I keep my follower circle very small. I post more on Instagram and I usually don't link to Facebook. It is a little more "intimate" and Random John from high school won't see I

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!
    Your life is romantic and fantastic!
    I still haven't jumped on the band wagon..but it is luring!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips