Sunday, October 7, 2012

Eyeballs in a Tree!

Do you ever see something and just know that you must recreate it?  That was the case when I happened upon an image on Pinterest of a tree with giant beach ball eyes!  I just knew that our favorite tree would be perfect for a little Halloween decorating!

I bought two 24" beach balls and colored in eyes with a sharpie.  I used one of my bowls as the outline for the iris.  We happened to have a large tip Sharpie marker that really helped the project move along quickly.

Bryce popped them in the tree with a little bit of twine to keep them from blowing away in a storm.  I just adore how they turned out!  It's unbelievable to me how much personality the eyeballs gave the tree!


P.S.  I bought the beach balls online at D&L Toys and would definitely recommend using them.  The original cost of shipping for the balls was rather high, but since I couldn't fine them any where else I went ahead and ordered them.  Without my asking (or complaining) the company refunded $4 of my shipping.  Apparently, they adjust according to actual shipping charges.  Any company that refunds money without being asked is topnotch in my book!






7 comments:

  1. So fun! I bet the kids love it too.Did you do the googly eyes on the gourds again this year? Another great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing so hard...that is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I bet the kids love it too.Did you do the googly eyes on the gourds again this year? Another great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, where in the world can you find white beach balls?? I've looked everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would be really cool is if you could light up the beach balls... I don't know if they make them anymore, but several years ago when my daughter was a baby I bought a beach ball that you could insert a glow stick in...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I was wondering how the twine was attached to the balls? I have the perfect tree to do this on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is the twine attached to the balls? I'd like to try this.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips