Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Living the Dream


The school where Grace has taken ballet for the past couple of years also has a professional company that annually performs The Nutcracker across the state.   The school holds an audition for several of the parts in The Nutcracker and this year Grace decided that she really wanted to try out.  Today she found out that she got the part of a Toy Soldier!  She is over the moon excited and was heard to exclaim, "I'm living the dream!"  It's a huge commitment and will be an interesting change to our normal fall, but I'm so excited and proud of her.  What a magical thing to get to experience, right?


When I got the congratulatory email today Grace was over at a friends house so I had time to quickly whip up a batch of celebration cookies!  I thought that sprinkles were especially festive and fun and so I also put some around the milk glass (I used corn syrup to get the sprinkles to stay on the rim).




7 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited for her! Congrats Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! And I love how you celebrated! That's what it's all about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I can't wait to hear more about it! Very special indeed! PS: the sprinkles on the rim were a genius touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how wonderful! I'm so happy for her! (as a former dancer, I'm absolutely giddy on her behalf!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantisimo! How cool that you had time to whip up something special for the announcement when she returned home! We are proud grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, I'm so excited for you. Way to go!
    Kacky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!
    That is living the dream!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips