Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Grace Note


Dear Grace,

Yesterday, I watched you out of the kitchen window as you swung on the wooden swing you made to put in our favorite tree.  You were wearing one of your ivy wreath creations, talking/singing to yourself and swinging around a wooden sword.  It was a perfect moment of childhood captured and I was thankful to have been a silent witness.  In that moment I realized that when I tried to picture my future daughter 10 years ago I didn't even come close to how awesome you really are.  I love that you are so uniquely you and that you are still firmly in the camp of enjoying being a child.  Ever since I can remember you have had a strong sense of who you are and who you wanted to be and for that I'm grateful because I think that sense of self will really help you as you grow and learn about the world around you.

You started a brand new school this year and changes like that can be difficult, but you have made the transition so beautifully and joyfully.  I believe that you have found your place, Grace!  You are so blessed to have the opportunity to learn from your amazing teacher and I know that you are going to learn so much from her!  I'm so proud of you for understanding that you needed this change - no matter how hard it might be to leave friends and the comfort of familiar surroundings.

The other day, a friend of mine commented that it was going to be so interesting to see what you will become when you grow up.  I've thought about that a lot and how there is absolutely no telling with you!  One thing I am certain of is that I'm so thrilled and honored to get to be a part of your journey!  I love you Gracious, thanks for making me your Mom!
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a wonderful sentiment! I love those moments when you see something that usually goes by without much thought, like your kids being kids. I love this. You are such a great mother!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips