Monday, August 13, 2012

Family Cross-stitch



Way back in January, I showed Kathleen an article from Martha Stewart Living on making cross-stitch family portraits.  She casually (jokingly?) mentioned that was what she wanted for her birthday, and I was determined to make it for her.  Even though her birthday was back in May, I finally got it done and sent to her.  Better late than never.  Right?


I LOVED doing this project.  It was easy (especially with the patterns) and very satisfactory work.  I can't wait to make our family cross-stitch portrait!


 As you can see, my stitches are far from perfect but I think that is the charm of something homemade!


4 comments:

  1. I actually love to cross stitch and this is a brilliant idea! You did a great job...I may have to email you for details...so I can make a massive one of our family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I can't see that your stitches are far from perfect. I haven't attempted cross stitch since a young girl. THAT was imperfect stitches! This idea for gift-giving is down right marvelous. Kathleen is indeed blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made one for my family as well (I actually used a photo of it as my blog header)! I have plans to make many more as gifts because it is so charming and was so fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It is my favorite birthday gift and the fact that it came a little late just extended my birthday fun. I love you Anna!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips