Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Soap Dish for the Sponge



I'm so excited to share with you a new "good thing" in our kitchen.  I've had in mind for a long time that I wanted to find an old soap dish to mount by the kitchen sink to keep our dish sponge in.  I've been looking for a long time for the right soap dish, but there were several obstacles in the way- the number one being that old soap dishes can be very expensive!  The second obstacle being that the nickeling was often in poor shape.



At one point I just decided to go with a new soap dish, but once it arrived it was clear that it wouldn't work in the area.  It was just too big and bulky looking.  I searched all over the web, local antique stores and ebay (I lost out on a few on ebay because they kept going up so high!).  I finally won one on ebay and was ecstatic when it arrived because the lines on the dish are really quite pretty.  However, the nickeling was in worse condition than I expected.  As luck would have it, I was chatting with a local business owner one day who mentioned that he had a guy who could re-nickel almost anything!  It's just arrived back and is restored to its former glory!  I just love it!  It makes me happy to use something that is pretty, practical and recycled!


2 comments:

 
Blogging tips