Friday, July 13, 2012

Vintage on the Porch



I'm not at all sure what it is that draws me toward vintage/antique items, I certainly never cared for them growing up.  However, slowly but surely I've found myself browsing antique stores rather than new stores, and I love it when I come upon something that I just adore.

A while back I found this green bread box and it is right at home on the porch.  We put our placemats and napkins in it when they are not being used.


Recently, I acquired these salt and pepper shakers.  They had never been used so the lids are in perfect condition.  The dealer even had their original box!  Both of these items reside in our little cabinet on the porch.  Bryce and I picked up this cabinet 13 years ago for a song at a consignment store.  We painted it black and it settled in our breakfast room at our last house.  More recently, we painted it white and had it in our dining room in our current house.  Then we put in our french doors and had to move it to basement storage.  I'm thrilled that it works so perfectly on our porch!


3 comments:

  1. I think your drawn to them, because you have an eye for special ones! They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the antiques you have posted about are either clever or fetching and we continue to enjoy seeing them. Those salt and peppers, by the way, are a new version of the ones we inherited from my parents. There are lots of dents in the tops of ours. No doubt I contributed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the antiques you have posted about are either clever or fetching and we continue to enjoy seeing them. Those salt and peppers, by the way, are a new version of the ones we inherited from my parents. There are lots of dents in the tops of ours. No doubt I contributed!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips