Friday, June 29, 2012

Life

(a bouquet that Grace gave us for our anniversary)

This has been one of those weeks where the juxtaposition of living life have been all too apparent.  We've had moments of happiness with friends, contented evenings together as a family and today Bryce and I celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary.

(Harris and his buddies- they won their relay and it was so exciting to watch!)

In contrast, my in-laws have watched as their neighborhood in Colorado Springs burned to the ground during one of the states worst wildfires in history.  Blessedly, their house was saved, but they will still have a long way to go once they get back in, assess damage and help their neighbors start the recovery process.



Also, our community lost a hero this week.  After fighting a valiant fight against cancer for almost four years he passed away Thursday morning.  He left behind two young daughters and a wife.  In the midst of this devastating news it has been truly heart warming to watch as our community comes together to support his family.  It reminds of all the good in the human heart.

(the number 17 is in honor of Chris and his family)

As Bryce and I get ready to celebrate our anniversary (on the same day that he is finished at the company!) it seemed a little frivolous to go and do something so happy and celebratory as so many close to us are obviously suffering.  However, a friend reminded me that we must take the moments of joy as they come because we truly don't know what tomorrow will bring. So today I will be ever so thankful for my family, friends and especially my husband.

16 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! So sorry to hear about your families house in Colorado. It has been a rough month for our state! Hopefully the damage isn't too significant. Luckily, we are on the western slope and were not affected by the fires, but we have many many friends who have in fact lost thier homes, or had to be evacuated. Glad you had some fun for yourself though, it is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snaps of the children's swimming enjoyment. A bright spot in the smoke filledColorado. So sorry for the loss in your village. Good words of yours and your friend's to ponder and to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a week of full emotion! I'm so sorry to hear about you in laws, I'm so glad their house saved! My heart has been aching for all the lost homes!
    I miss swim team...your kids are adorable!
    I love the letter! So sweet!
    I'm glad you celebrated....16 yrs is awesome! Our 16th is coming up.....end of next month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could tell that we’re on the same interest and obsession. Good to know someone I could share my ideas. Looking forward to know and learn some more from you. I'll be glad to share my own thoughts to you soon. Thank you for sharing such valuable articles.,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I discovered , your entire access useful manage I’ve applied a good Trackback to barefoot running for our webpage :)……

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long reality, short fiction. If you can feel it, see it, touch it, do it, make it, break it, push it...and that is true for most of what goes for your reality, you are doing all right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy to read all the content is posted on your blog. It's easy to read, the content is great, and you’re an,
    bollywood saree

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative, as to what I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great snaps of the children's swimming enjoyment. A bright spot in the smoke filledColorado. So sorry for the loss in your village. Good words of yours and your friend's to ponder and to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are doing a fab job keep it up and i am waiting for latest updates from you,,,,and your

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! So sorry to hear about your families house in Colorado. It has been a rough month for our state! Hopefully the damage isn't too significant. Luckily, we are on the western slope and were not affected by the fires, but we have many many friends who have in fact lost thier homes, or had to be evacuated. Glad you had some fun for yourself though, it is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative, as to what I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return. "

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’ve bookmarked your blog just now and Ill be back to read more in the future my friend! Also pleasant colors on the layout it goes well with the blog in my modest opinion.
    web design baroda

    ReplyDelete
  16. It shouldn’t be any problem to go back through the data reports and fish out the abnormal NP gain, assuming the reports are all there in the first place.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips