Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ice Cream


beet ice cream


Last Christmas I received a Cuisinart ice cream maker from my in-laws and the cookbook, Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home, from my sister.  So far this summer I have made a new ice cream flavor at least once a week and my family have been my very supportive taste testers!  

I started out with the traditional vanilla ice cream and we layered this delicious caramel on top.  So, so good.


Next came beet ice cream.  I know that sounds really odd, but as part of my ongoing challenge to use up every bit of produce from the farm, I thought I would give it a try.  The children didn't care for it, but Bryce and I thought it was fairly good.  However, I probably wouldn't make it again.


 For our anniversary, I made dark chocolate ice cream.  It was rich but oh so good- especially with the above mentioned caramel sauce.


 Today, I made Cherry Garcia from my Ben and Jerry's cookbook.  It was delicious and was the easiest and fastest to make of all the ice creams I've made so far.


I'm currently on the hunt for a really good lavender ice cream recipe.  I'll let you know what I find...

4 comments:

  1. yum! That beautiful pink color of the beet one looks delicious. What good summer fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for ice cream...but I have never had a desire to try beet ice cream..(okay..I've never heard of it)...but I love beets...they are so nutritious! I'm glad to know...that I can stick with chocolate for ice cream! :) I love that your trying new flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't miss being impressed with the dresses you were wearing for the photos. That last one with the cherries especially. You are good. Oh, and the ice creams (well, all but the beet one) sound delicious. Ice cream has recently become one of my favorite treats. I like peanut butter. Hint hint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh you are making me so hungry!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips