Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bubble Refill Station



Lately, we've been playing with bubbles a lot!  A while back on Pinterest I'd pinned an idea for a homemade bubble refill station.  We finally got around to making it and it's been a huge hit!  Bryce even made little bubble wands out of a wire clothes hanger.


Grace's bubble wand that she got for Easter is a permanent feature!


I used the bubble recipe I found at  La-La Home Daycare.  I doubled it and it filled up about 1/2 way in the dispenser.  I used Joy detergent since I had read that it worked best.  Bonus?  It's cheery yellow color.



Bubble Recipe
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup dish detergent

Mix water and corn syrup together and microwave for about 4 minutes.  Mix in dish detergent and enjoy!






4 comments:

  1. Great idea! That might help prevent my kids from constatntly spilling bubble mixture all over the place! Where did you find the container that you used for the bubble solution?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina- I bought it at Target and I can't tell you how much I wish I had bought two. I use this container for all sorts of things (it's great for taking drinks to the pool!). Our Target hasn't had anymore come in and I think that they probably won't since school supplies are already out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'll chek our target, but I bet you are right!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips