Thursday, June 14, 2012

An Outdoor Sink




Do you remember this post about outdoor sinks?  An outdoor sink has been on my wish list for a long time, but I was worried about finding the perfect sink- old cast iron sinks can be very hard to come by!  You can imagine my delight when Gretchen informed me that she had an old sink just sitting in a pile in her back yard (they had renovated and not found a use for the sink).  Friends, I could not get my hands on that sink fast enough!  


The sink is absolutely fabulous because it has one nice, deep sink, a narrow sink and a flat area as well!  I don't think I could have ever found a sink so wonderful!  

My Mom made the little skirt that adds a bit of charm to the sink.  We used the same Sunbrella fabric that is on our porch furniture.  We've found lots and lots of uses for the sink already.  We've washed dirty hands (we have a soap dispenser too), potted plants, put together flower arrangements, soaked plants, and even put cold drinks in ice.


The sink is plumbed from an outdoor spigot that we put in during the construction phase.  Bryce did not glue the PVC pipe at the bottom so that I can put a bucket underneath to catch the water to reuse for watering plants.  It's only cold water, no hot water.

 Next to the sink, I filled a powder coated trash can with soil for potting.


P.S. I should also point out that Bryce made the stand for the sink!  He always seems to make my dreams into reality- thanks Babe!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I know you have been wanting one of those. I am so happy for you. That will be so handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The long awaited photos of the gardening sink! You are privileged to have one! Happy usage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things you can do with an outdoor sink are endless. It's a "Good Thing";) Good for you(and Bryce)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wow! Wow!
    It's perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips